Monday, June 24, 2013

ANMonday - Winter

Hi guys. I hope you had a nice weekend. :)
Today is another ANMonday! The theme is Winter, because it's winter right now here in Australia! It's been absolutely freezing. I always miss winter when it's super hot in summer, but then when winter actually comes I wouldn't mind the warm weather back, hehe. I think my favourite season would be autumn or spring.
For some reason it took me forever to come up with an idea for my winter mani but I ended up doing another mani inspired by Marta from ChitChat Nails! This is inspired by her Solitaire Chevron mani.
The only colour I had in mind for this mani was OPI's Solitaire, because it looks very winter-like to me! Kind of snow-like. I've never seen snow but I'd like to! I love this polish, I can't believe I haven't bought a full size bottle yet because it's a perfect accent nail colour. I used 2 coats.
The other colour I've used is Essie Borrowed & Blue. This colour to me, has an icy/cold feel to it. I love this colour for all seasons, though. :) The PERFECT baby blue.
The formula on this colour isn't great. When I first got it I had to thin it out quite a bit because it was SO thick. It's pretty good now but still a little thick. It's not too streaky though which is nice. It levels out in 2 coats.
On my middle finger over Borrowed & Blue I did some zig zag stripes (yes I've been told these are not in fact 'chevrons' :P). If you'd like to know how I did this, let me know and I'll see if I can do a little tutorial. :)
I'm actually surprised I was able to get pictures in the sun of this, haha. It's freezing, though.

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

7 comments:

  1. You're right. That really is a perfect baby blue!
    And your nails looks really nice in these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous winter mani. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I LOVE this look so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to the zig zag tutorial :D! Great combo this manicure :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love zig zag nails, I say yes to tutorial :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to tutorial! Please?

    I thought that was it lol when I clicked over from Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete