Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What's In-die Box? Review + Unboxing Video

Hey guys! I have a super awesome & exciting post to share with you today! :)
What's In-die Box? is a brand new monthly box for INDIE POLISHES for Aussies! This is super exciting even just for the fact that there's finally a good monthly box available to Aussies! I was always super jealous seeing girls from the US/other countries receiving monthly boxes and not being able to get in on it!
You do not have to subscribe to What's In-die Box, which I think is an awesome feature. You just pre-order in advance for whichever box you want to purchase! So great because you're not locked into anything. :)
Every month the What's In-die Box will have a fun theme, and will include 5 polishes from 5 different Aussie indie brands! Some polishes may be exclusive to the box, or limited edition which is so awesome! Every single polish in the boxes is a brand new release, so you won't receive a polish you already own which is good for girls who already have a large indie polish collection.
The polishes come in a cute box with some tissue paper strips inside and all the polishes are wrapped up really nicely in bubble wrap. There's also a card inside that tells you exactly what's inside the box. :) (Keep reading and at the bottom of the post will be my unboxing video, so you can see exactly what it looks like when you open the box.)

The June What's In-die Box went out this month and the theme was Toy Story! So cool, and who doesn't love Toy Story?! :)
The June box includes a polish from Glam Polish, Peita's Polish, Love Thy Polish, Alanna Renee and Lilypad Lacquer.

Without further ado, the swatches are after the jump :D

Ahhhh... Aliens!!! by Glam Polish
Ahhhh... Aliens!!! is obviously, inspired by the awesome, cute aliens! It's a medium/sky blue base with white, black and purple little glitters with larger neon green hex glitters. Fabulous formula! No fishing for the larger glitters was required. Such a beautiful colour. ♥
I used 2 coats of Ahhh... Aliens!!! with top coat.

Hello! I'm Trixie by Peita's Polish
Hello! I'm Trixie, is inspired by Trixie, a Triceratops who is introduced in the 3rd Toy Story movie. Hello I'm Trixie is a cute blue base (slightly periwinkle leaning) with violet squares, lavender hexes and darker purple micro glitters. I adore this colour! Sooo pretty. These types of purple-y blues are right up my alley.
I used 2 coats of Hello! I'm Trixie with top coat.

How Do You Spell FBI? by Love Thy Polish
How Do You Spell FBI? is inspired by Rex, and a funny quote from him, in Toy Story 2. This is a olive green base with loads of gold-ish green shimmer/glitter in the base, with some darker green squares and hexes. I couldn't get a sun photo of this one so below is a flash photo. :( It looked a little sheer on the first coat, but the second coat built it up just fine for me. In the flash photo below you can see that it does look a little sheer but it doesn't look see through or anything in person. I don't mind the sheer jelly look at all, though. :) You could also layer this over a dark green or another dark colour if you do prefer a very opaque look.
I used 2 coats of How Do You Spell FBI? with top coat.
*EDIT: I am going to try and re-swatch this soon because I don't think these photos do it justice!!*

Lenny by Alanna Renee
Lenny is inspired by the toy binoculars named Lenny, which appear in Toy Story 1 & 2. :) Lenny is a white jelly base with blue and red hex glitters, and large black dots. This is a super cool polish! I did have to fish a little for the black dots but that's to be expected. I loved the look of this! It actually looks kind of patriotic haha. Really awesome, and the dots totally remind me of eyes. :P
I used 3 coats of Lenny with top coat.

Stretch For The Stars by Lilypad Lacquer
Stretch For The Stars is inspired by Stretch, a sparkly purple octopus from Toy Story 3! (I think it's also a bit of a play on words from the famous Woody quote 'Reach for the sky!' but it could just be a coincidence..). This is an amazing purple holographic. It's a little bit of a blue-leaning purple. It's so beautiful! The sun cooperated for me with this one and came out long enough for me to photograph it! :)
I don't own too many holos and the reason for that, is that most of the time they look so pretty in the sun and they always look grey in the shade... NOT THIS ONE! :D This looks pretty even in the shade, yay! :)
I took way too many photos of this and had the toughest time narrowing them down so I'm sorry for the spam you will see below, hehe.
2 coats of Stretch For The Stars, no top coat. (I'm sure you could wear this with top coat and it wouldn't dull the holo, however. But I just forgot to put top coat on before I photographed it haha! Had to race outside to catch the sun!)

Here's my unboxing video!
*YouTube did something weird to the video and made it jump all over the place, I've got no idea what's up with that so sorry if it looks weird*

An advantage for Glam Polish lovers is that Rachel (Glam Polish owner) will be the one who is assembling and putting together the monthly indie boxes, so if you wish to purchase any polishes from Glam Polish, you can just order them with your indie box on the Glam Polish store at no extra postage cost!

You can now pre-order your July box! In the July box the brands are: Glam Polish, Peita's Polish, MCKFresh Nail Attire, Shades of Phoenix and Lilypad Lacquer! :D The theme for July is Little Miss!
The cost for the box is $47.99 plus $7.95 postage. A great deal considering you're getting 5 full size awesome indie polishes.
You can put in your order for the July What's In-die Box HERE starting today! For more information please check out the Glam Polish blog, all the details you'll need will be there. :)


 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

6 comments:

  1. AHH I am so jealous of you guys! This takes the cake for any monthly box! Great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm just glad we finally have a monthly box available to us that's awesome and not overpriced! :P

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic! And really affordable considering the type of polishes you get :)

    Great swatches too - great post!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cool! I'm so glad you explained what all the references were because I've probably only seen each film once so.. I'd be a bit clueless! Beautiful swatches! (So excited to see them on my own nubs!) hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no problem! ;) I thought that a lot of people would know the references but I thought I should write it anyway just in case hehe. I actually had to look up a couple of the references, I haven't watched the Toy Story movies in AAAAGES. I love childrens movies though :P but that would probably be because I have so many younger siblings haha! I can't wait to see them on you too!! :)♥ They're all gorgeous. By the way I will try to film a little how I apply glitter video today!

      Delete