Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Celestial Cosmetics Swatches

Hi guys! I have some Celestial Cosmetics polishes to share with you today! :) Celestial Cosmetics is another South Aus. indie brand which is just one thing I love about them!
I have 6 polishes to show you so let's just get into it, shall we! :)


Blistering Barnacle is a sheer blue with silver and black hex glitters as well as some subtle white flakes. Awesome glitter combo! I think it looks really cute. The base was rather sheer but I only needed 2 coats to get it to the opacity I'd like. :) So I used 2 coats with top coat for my swatch.



Classy Comet is a black jelly with lots of pink holo glitters throughout in different sizes. This polish was created by Emma from Love Thy Polish especially for the release of Celestial Cosmetics! :) (Love Thy Polish is another SA indie brand!)
This is super pretty. However I think the black base drowns out the pink glitters a little, unfortunately. :( The glitter was definitely more obvious in person but I just failed to capture it in my photos.
I used 2 coats with top coat.



Cotton Candy is a light pink base with taupe-y grey small & large glitters! :D Super cute. This was really pigmented and really smooth to apply! Great glitter payoff in each coat too.
I used 2 coats with top coat.



Galactic Holo is a lovely blue holo (as the name would suggest!). The holo is a little more on the subtle side but it's more visible in person than it is in my photos. My camera struggles to pick up holos sometimes. :( The formula was so lovely and smooth to apply and it dried super fast too! So beautiful. I used 2 coats with no top coat.

 ^ with flash


Pink Posy is a gorgeous bright pink holo! :) This one was also fabulous to apply and dried fast so I didn't use a top coat over this one either. It's soooooo pretty. I used 2 coats.

  ^ with flash


Rose Gold is a red jelly with gold flakes and gold micro glitter. The gold glitters look so beautiful in the red base, ahh! So pretty. This would be a great polish to wear in summer! (Or any time, who am I kidding?! ;)) This was suuuuper sparkly in the sun!
I used 2 coats with top coat.


Celestial Cosmetics polishes are 3 free & cruelty free, and are available on their BigCartel shop. You can also keep up with them on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram!

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

5 comments:

  1. The first one is my favourite. So pretty! I'm a sucker for blue :P Also I'm so very jealous of your perfect nail shapes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orly 'Frisky' would look great under 'Blistering Barnacle'!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I had that problem too with Classy Comet. It looks very different in the swatches on the website. Not sure if the base is now too dark for the glitter to come through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with you there Cathy. The photos on the site were probably taken under different lighting, probably much brighter lighting than mine but yes, it does look different in person.
    I guess it could also come down to how it's applied, also. And it does say on the site that since it's hand mixed, some batches may vary slightly so maybe the base was a tad thicker/darker in the bottles that we have.

    ReplyDelete