Thursday, August 8, 2013

Blue & Pink Polka Dot Mani

After not painting my nails for over a week I was so excited to paint them again... But I had no idea what I should use! Over the week I wasn't painting my nails I sort of lived vicariously through all the girls I follow on Instagram and saved a lot of nail photos to my phone for inspiration!

I'd been seeing a lot of bright manis with double accent nails on Instagram, (a lot with the newest China Glaze neon collection which I want soooo bad!) so I thought I'd do a double accent mani! I actually ended up using two China Glaze colours. :P

I had my lovely boyfriend help me take some of these photos! :D Thanks Russ! ♥


I used For Audrey and Dance Baby by China Glaze. I've used both of these polishes quite a bit! I love them! And they go together quite nicely I think.
I'd also been really wanting to do some nail art, since it feels like forever since the last time I did! So I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White and a dotting tool to create polka dots. :) They aren't perfect but I think they're so cute. (I actually also have a polka dot pedicure on at the moment! The first time I've ever done nail art on my toes. It looks a bit ridiculous to be honest haha.)

Yep, it's pic heavy from here on so... Enjoy? ;)



I really really enjoyed taking these photos! :) Let me know what you think of them! :) It definitely took me longer than usual to photograph my mani but it was worth it I think. It was pretty difficult because my camera doesn't have a viewfinder, so I ended up with a lot of failed photos LOL. That's why I had my trusty boyfriend help me. :P


I really want to do some more fun nail art soon! I typically don't wear nail art as an actual manicure, I usually just do it for fun but I really want to get more into wearing nail art as a full manicure. :D So please, if you have any suggestions let me know. :)

7 comments:

  1. I don't usually wear nail art either, but this is adorable. Must try this for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, the pictures are amazing! :D Second, the manicure is such a cute one! You're right, those two colors pair up super well :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It almost looks as if you're wearing nail wraps! So perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thank you! :) Haha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! :) I definitely recommend it! It's so fun and I get lots of compliments when I wear nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi :) I found your blog today on instagram! this manicure is wonderful and the dots are perfect ^_^ I really love your blog and the photos you take ^_^

    ReplyDelete