Saturday, August 3, 2013

piCture pOlish Ariel's Tale, Flirt & Ocean Swatches

Hi guys! You may have seen my piCture pOlish Blog Fest '13 post earlier this week. I created a look using Ariel's Tale, Ocean & Flirt by piCture pOlish and I wanted to also share some swatches with you, but my post was getting too long to include all of these photos. Haha.



I decided to get a bit creative with my swatches. They're a little lame though so don't judge me. :P


Ariel's Tale is a very pretty ocean-y green glitter in a clear base. It applies super smoothly and the glitter coats the nail evenly which is great, no need to nudge the glitters around. It dried very fast and shiny, too.
Recently my Auntie went to Fiji and brought me back a pretty bracelet! The beads remind me of shells from the beach or a mermaid. :)
I layered 1 coat of Ariel's Tale over Flirt, with no top coat.



Flirt is a standard bright berry pink creme. This polish has an amazing formula. So so nice, and almost opaque in just one coat! It also dried super fast and ultra shiny! No need to add a top coat! :)
This polish reminded me of a hot pink lippie that I got recently! And lipstick is "flirty" right? :P (The lippie is Maybelline ColorSensational in Vivid Rose if you're wondering! + Please excuse my weird pose and the fact that I'm wearing no makeup other than the lipstick in the photo, haha.)
Swatch shows 2 coats, with no top coat.



Ocean by Kelly's Kolors is a beautiful ocean blue jelly with a ton of scattered holographic shimmer throughout. This polish is so beautiful and sparkly. Being a jelly, it is a little sheer but it looks totally squishy and pretty on the nail. It totally reminds me of the sun sparkling off the ocean in summer. :) I used 3 coats for my swatch + top coat. (I didn't use top coat on the other swatches but I wore this one as a full mani!)
I so badly wanted to get a photo of this in the sun but of course, the day I chose to swatch it, the weather was absolutely HORRIBLE! :( So I hope my flash & light box photos will suffice. Maybe I'll re-swatch it again in the future when the sun comes out.
For this polish I had big plans for photographing it and being 'creative' but the weather totally foiled my plans for that... So NEMO took over. :P
I was so excited to receive this polish for Blog Fest! Such a beautiful colour and Kelly is a fellow South Aussie blogger so you know, I had to own her polish. ;)


Hope you enjoyed these swatches and my nail art I created with them earlier this week. :)

piCture pOlish is available at picturepolish.com.au, and they ship worldwide. They're also available from a few international etailers. Check that out on their Network page.

piCture pOlish on Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy

7 comments:

  1. I want a pic with blue lipstick! =P lovely swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lippie is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flirt is sooo pretty! I love the way it matches your lipstick. Your lips look great, by the way =) Ariel's Tale is so pretty too, especially over the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to own all three...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww Nemo!! so cute ♡xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ariel's tale is so pretty, and I want it for the name, too! And it looks lovely over Flirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have Ocean... one day for sure! :p

    ReplyDelete